Temple of Anahita
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» The Quotables Thread, Revisited!
Dream info Emptyby Rahmah Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:40 am

» Approved Travelers
Dream info Emptyby Amineh Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:24 pm

» The next month or so
Dream info Emptyby Malkah Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:59 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dream info

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Malkah

Malkah

Dream info Empty
PostSubject: Dream info   Dream info EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:21 am

Since the dream is new to everyone, I'll be posting up some information about avatars and navigation. Eventually, we plan to have a small map of the dream.

Because we're allowing for the possibility of furry characters in Haresh, we cannot simply replace most of the normal Furc avatars with ours. Therefore, we've selected some of the lesser used species to discard in favour of our human avatars.

Bugge becomes human female
Ursine becomes human male
Bovine becomes Ritayu (snakey humanoid things)

(**Note: The Ritayu avatars are not quite right. They do not have tails and have more snake shaped heads. If anyone wants to edit/create proper avatars, we would be quite grateful!)

Local species can be toggled in the third tab by clicking on their respective buttons.

Monk/robed figure - can also be triggered with !local1
Female in ritual garb - can also be triggered by !local2
!localoff will change your avatar back to its original species.

Teleports
Most of the teleports for the dream are in the fourth and fifth tabs on the skin, but we are still debating whether to have all of them on there as it is becoming rather cluttered.

Thoughts on what teleports to include and what to simply have as a verbal command or not at all are welcome.

Shared space

The temple itself is much larger than portrayed in the dream, so please keep that in mind. As it would be impractical to build places that are only rarely used, I've tried to create areas that have multiple uses.

Examples:
Neophytes' quarters are also the Mahdi's quarters.
Initiates' quarters are also the Nasir al Din's quarters
The tiny cave area may be used for any small space deep in the temple.

There also is the blank spot that can be used for anything players might need.

If there is a specific area you feel we need, please let me know. There is still plenty of room to add on to the dream, and I intend to do so as we need it. We'll be adding some ritual space soon.

Other features
On the third tab, we've got a button called Managers that should allow you to see which managers are online and on what alt.

Also, because the digos take up so much space on the skin, we've elected to go with a simple link to a list of verbal commands for the digos. This can be found in the second tab. Eliminating these allowed for space for the teleport buttons.
Back to top Go down
Malkah

Malkah

Dream info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream info   Dream info EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:15 pm

We now have a bot for the dream as well. Simply join 'Temple of Anahita'. Most of the time, you can get away with simply joining Temple.
Back to top Go down
Malkah

Malkah

Dream info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream info   Dream info EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 11:19 am

I've added a few things to the dream, so I thought I would update you on what's new!

F3 - Use your F3 button to teleport like you can on main maps. It takes you to the main terrace, the private garden, the common room, the Sisters' quarters, and the OOC room in that order. Give it a try! Let me know if you think a location should be added to the rotation.

New areas - The stairs in the Sisters' Quarters now lead to a ritual and worship area. Keep in mind that Neophytes and Initiates need IC permission to be in this part of the temple.
  • Offering Chamber
  • Meeting Room
  • Chapel
  • Ritual/Sacrifice Chamber (existed before, now linked to the rest of the dream)
There is space to add additional rooms in this area, so if you would like to see something else down there, speak up. Also, if you have any problems with the new areas, I need to know.

New teleport buttons
  • Desert - Tab 4, Random desert area useful for RPs outside the temple. (We've had the area for a while, but no button.)
  • Rituals - Tab 5, Takes you to the hallway leading to the new ritual and offering areas

Local Commands

When this Dream info Offering appears on your screen, there are commands available specific to that area of the dream. Just click it to see what they are!

Currently, the three following areas have local commands:
  • Common Room - !hookah will toggle a hookah on and off in the middle of the room.
  • Holding Cells - !open/close will toggle the cell doors if you are standing right in front of them.
  • Offering Chamber
    • !single toggles a single chain from the ceiling.
    • !double toggles a double chain from the ceiling.
    • !statue toggles a statue in the middle of the room to bind people to.
Please make suggestions for new commands as I can easily expand this system!

Screenshot reference:
Dream info Offering2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dream info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream info   Dream info Empty

Back to top Go down

Dream info
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Temple of Anahita :: Out of Character :: General-
Jump to: